Front-end Web Developer Position
Otreva is looking for an experienced front-end web developer to join our Jessup, PA based team. We need someone who is ready to jump in and get involved with every aspect of the product development process all the way from conception of the new features to collaborating with our entire team to ensure the proper implementation of the design prior to launch.
What you’ll be doing.
- Giving technical feedback on concepts.
- Designing products and applications throughout their life cycle.
- Developing new products and applications.
- Iterating on existing applications.
- Improve on server operations.
What skills are we looking for?
- You take a user-centered approach to design with deep understanding of information architecture, interaction and usability best practices.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to empathize with a variety of different types of users.
- Master of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Understanding of responsive design
- Proficient in at least one of our supported server-side languages : PHP, Java, or RoR.
- Understanding of a full web stack from web servers to relational databases. We prefer LAMP for most projects.
- Excellent coding skills and a track record of getting stuff done. (We need to see some tangible examples of your work)
- Proven skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
- Proficient working in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Experience with user testing
We always have opportunities to prototype applications on other platforms. Any iOS, Android, or browser plugin experience is a plus!